1. WHO AM I
I am Julia Taylor, trading as Julia Taylor Photography. I am the data controller responsible for your personal data.
2. WHAT DO I COLLECT
I collect the following information from you:
- Personal information: This includes your name, address, e-mail address; phone number; as well as the names, dates of birth, gender and other details about your family members and other participants in a photography session, together with any other information that you elect to provide to me.
- Other Information: Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with me by text, message, phone or e-mail.
3. HOW I USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with my services and to create and deliver the products you have requested and contact you regarding your use of my services. Such use is necessary to respond to or implement your request and for the performance of the contract between you and me.
- With your consent, I may use your photographs to promote and advertise my business, including (a) in printed publications, promotional materials (including leaflets, brochures, posters); (b) on my website and other digital advertising of my services; and (c) in social media forums such as Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
- I may use your personal data for other purposes for which you may have consented to at the time of providing your data.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers: I sometimes engage selected third parties who act on my behalf to support my operation, such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the section below headed “Payment Information”), (ii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable me to provide my goods/services, and (iii) providers of specialist services, including retouching, printers, and framers. Pursuant to my instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to me and solely in order to perform the services I have hired them to provide.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons: if I need to disclose your personal data (i) to comply with a legal obligation and/or judicial or regulatory proceeding, a court order or other legal process. (ii) to enforce my Terms & Conditions or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to; (iii) to protect me, or my contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
5. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make will be processed by third party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by my payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that I do not directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
6. DATA RETENTION
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: If you ask me, I will confirm whether I am processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, I may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to erasure: You may ask me to delete or remove your personal data. I may continue processing personal data where this is necessary for a legitimate interest in doing so, as described in section 4.
- Right to withdraw consent: If I rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before I received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about my privacy practices, including the way I handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO), or, as the case may be, any other competent data protection authority of an EU member state that is authorised to hear those concerns (you may find EU Data Protection Authorities’ contact information here).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact me as described in the “Contact” section below. I may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before I can respond to any request.